I have been meaning to track my time more seriously but haven’t stuck to that
habit. I want to put more effort into it.
I found a framework by Alex Vermeer very interesting.
He divides life in to certain categories and plans out what to do the next year. I
think I have enough time this year to work on this.
- Paid work (e.g., freelance clients)
- Passion work (e.g., side projects)
- Professional development (e.g., business development, networking, job applications)
- Personal development (e.g., journaling, classes or workshops, inspiring reading)
- Relationships (e.g., spending time with family, phone calls with friends, dates)
- Play (e.g., shopping, TV, casual reading, going out)
- Wellness (e.g., working out, taking necessary breaks, self care)
- Support work (e.g., volunteering, mentoring)
- Distractions (e.g., flipping through social media mindlessly, taking extra time to get out of bed in the morning)
- Maintenance (e.g., running errands, getting ready, doing chores)