Are you forced to work in a Windows environment at work? Do you think Windows is a pain to work with? Would you rather eat a shoe? Then, this post is for you. Over the past year, I have been working on a Windows 10 machine. In this post, I am going to document some tools that I use to make my life a little better.
Most of these tools are pre-WSL time. I am going to update this post once I adopted WSL into my workflow.
Useful Software on Windows
- 7zip: Awesome utility for working with multiple compression formats
- Greenshot: A screenshot utility, replacement for snipping tool
- Shotty: Shotty is another alternative screenshot tool if you like drop shadows like macos.
- Git for Windows: git for windows :P
- TortoiseGit: GUI for git
- MPC-HC: Opensource video player
- nomacs: Image viewer
- Notepad++: Text editor
- ShareX: Screen recorder
- VcXsrv: X server for Windows
- WinDirStat: Disk usage statistics
- WinMerge: File comparison and merging
Setting up WSL
waiting for wsl2 to come out